Higher Quality Water That Works Harder at Home, with Columbus’ Best Whole Home Water Filters from Culligan
Access higher quality water at home, lower your utility bills, improve appliance function, protect plumbing, and more, with advanced water filtration solutions.
Untreated water in and around Columbus and eastern Nebraska is responsible for all kinds of household headaches. From the relatively innocuous white buildup and residue that dissolved minerals often leave behind on faucets and fixtures, to potentially damaging impact buildup can have on your plumbing and major appliances — no matter what kind of water problems you’re experiencing, a whole home water filtration system can help solve them.
Because tap water in Columbus and most of the region comes from groundwater sources, it’s very common for water quality to trend on the hard side of average. This means there’s a greater amount of dissolved minerals from the surrounding rock and sediment present in the area’s water supply. And while these minerals can be beneficial in modest quantities, they can also impact the way water tastes, smells, and functions in your home.
Because these minerals —most commonly calcium, iron, and magnesium — are generally harmless, they can also be found in taps all over Nebraska, where they can leave behind unpleasant tastes and odors, as well as stains and buildup on sinks, fixtures, and tubs, and even contribute to large appliance wear and tear that drives up your utility bills every month.
If you’ve been a longtime resident of Columbus, you might also notice additional hard water symptoms like:
- Hair or skin that feels dried out
- Brittle nails that are prone to cracking
- Faded, worn-looking laundry that can feel stiff or scratchy even with fabric softener
Hard water problems in and around Columbus can also make it challenging to drink the recommended amount of water needed to stay hydrated. In certain cases, contaminated water can also cause health problems for small children, elderly, pregnant women, and other high-risk populations.
Columbus Water Quality
Depending on where you live in eastern Nebraska, your water may contain a variety of contaminants and hardness-causing minerals. Generally, the minerals typically found in hard water are harmless, so most cities — Columbus included — do not have treatment processes designed specifically to remove them. And due to additional municipal water treatment methods, you may also notice treatment chemicals, like chlorine, present in your water, which can impact its taste and smell.
If you’re tired of dealing with the headaches from hard water, or you’re looking to get better quality water from your tap, whole home water filtration provides an efficient, effective solution.
Solutions from Whole Home Water Filtration
No matter what is affecting your water — hard water minerals, treatment chemicals, and everything in between — total home filtration systems from Culligan are targeted to deliver results at every faucet and tap.
Customized for Columbus and greater eastern Nebraska’s needs, whole home water filters from Culligan solve the toughest water problems— from potentially harmful contamination to unpleasant taste or odor, staining, and buildup.
Whole home water treatment also provides consistent water quality throughout your house, so the water you drink and use everywhere in your home is the best possible quality.
Benefits of Whole Home Water Filtration:
In addition to better-tasting, higher-quality water from every faucet, whole home water filtration:
- Protects against a variety of contamination issues, helping you access safe, fresh water.
- Helps you save on utilities by improving major appliance efficiency.
- Protects plumbing and fixtures from hard water buildup.
- Softens water, saving you money on personal care and cleaning products like soaps, shampoos, and detergents.
- Helps skin, hair, and nails feel healthier and happier.
- Improves the look and feel of laundry, while helping it last longer and look its best.
- Makes cleaning easier so you don’t have to fight buildup, water spots, and residue.
The Culligan Difference
We’ve served Nebraska and greater Columbus for over 80 years. This experience helps us solve the unique water problems in Columbus, Schuyler, Albion, Platte Center, Humphrey, and everywhere in between. Our local knowledge also helps us diagnose water issues in your home to find the best possible total home water filtration system that works for you, for the best quality water.
- Get the most out of your water filter with professional installation and routine maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency for the life of your filter.
- Water tests are always free, and your local Culligan Man will review the results with you to identify water issues and customize the right solution for your home.
- Culligan of Columbus is always here to help with service questions as well as maintenance, repairs, and more, for worry-free customer service.
- Find the widest selection of hard-working, high-efficiency whole home water filtration systems.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Whole House Water Filter!
Every liquid has a pH, including your home’s water
- Whether the pH is too high or too low, it can have damaging affects on your water
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains. Culligan has solutions geared towards removing the iron from your water. Find out which solution is right for your home!
Self explanatory, blue and green stains in your tubs and sinks
- Often caused by low pH levels in your water
Water should be clear, if not why would you drink it?
- The only way to find out what’s making your water the wrong color is with a water analysis
- Did you know Culligan offers a Free Water Analysis?
If your laundry is coming out of the washer with stains, it could be your water
- Iron is just one of the possible reasons for your water damaging your clothes
- Don’t ruin your favorite shirt, get your water tested!
Water may smell musty or sometimes described as fishy
- This can be caused by iron and copper in your home’s water
Get your water tested to determine what’s causing your water to smell
Culligan® Whole House Filter Overview
Get cleaner water from every tap, every faucet, and in every room with the Culligan® Total Home Water Conditioner. Our hardworking two-in-one solution provides cleaner, softer Culligan water everywhere you want, with the added benefit of filtering out unpleasant contaminants like chlorine.*
Explore customizable filtration solutions designed to suit all kinds of whole-house needs, from hard water problems like stubborn soap scum and residue, to bitter taste or chlorine odors. A whole-house water filter from Culligan treats your problem water directly at the source, so you enjoy the benefits of cleaner, fresher water from every faucet. Culligan has 80 years of experience with all types of problem water so you can have peace of mind that your family’s water is in good hands with your local Culligan Man®.
Culligan® Whole House Filter Specifications
- Non-corrosive control valve designed to deliver years of reliable service
- ACCUSOFT® Microprocessor offers worry-free operation of your whole-house filter, even in power outages
- Dubl-Safe brine refill valve provides peace of mind during refill
- CUL-FLO-VALV® makes operation easyGuest Cycle recharge option generates an extra supply of filtered water with the touch of a button
- CULLEX® resin provides maximum capacity, stability, and long-lasting operation
- Quadra-Hull® Tank delivers dependable operation thanks to multiple layers of construction
- High-grade quartz underbedding distributes water evenly, maximizing water flow
FAQ About Culligan® Whole House Filter Systems
1. What are the benefits of the Quadra-Hull® tank?
Culligan’s Quadra-Hull® tank is one of the strongest water tanks available on a water softener. The exclusive four-layer construction of the Quadra-Hull® tank provides more protection than industry standard fiberglass and metal tanks. This design makes them impervious to rust and corrosion and they are UV resistant. Culligan's Quadra-Hull® tanks offer a limited lifetime warranty on the tank and internal components.
2. What is filtered water?
Filtered water typically refers to water that has gone through a filtration process to reduce the amount of iron, hydrogen sulfide, aesthetic chlorine taste or odor, as well as microorganisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Water filtration involves separating mineral particles, like particulates, iron, hydrogen sulfide, or organic matter, from the water molecule (H2O). By passing water through a "filter bed," or "media bed," these granular particles are trapped, allowing the cleaner water to pass through.